St. Mark Catholic School is dedicated to educating our young people to become respectful, responsible Christians who go forth to serve.
Students at St. Mark Catholic School develop spiritually through:
- Catholic teachings and traditions in their daily lives
- Weekly visits by our daily priests
- Prayer services and weekly Masses prepared by the students
- Students attend Mass twice a week
- Attitude, service and every day decisions based on Catholic virtue and morality
- Prayer as an integral part of every day life
- Leadership training through the development of key virtues.
St. Mark Catholic school recognizes the parents as the first educator of their children. We work in many ways to keep parents informed of the academic and spiritual development of their children.
- Online grade book and web-note system provides parents with daily information
- Weekly newsletter with reminders and updates of school happenings and programs
- Active PTO and Parent volunteers.
All students at St. Mark are challenged to achieve their fullest potential.
- 97% of our graduates go to their first choice of Catholic High School
- K-8 grades participate in art, music and physical education classes
- All day kindergarten program prepares students for academic success
- Curriculum guides are written to meet national, state, and archdiocesan standards
- Class averages exceed National averages on the Iowa Test of Basic Skills
- Staff to student ration is 15:1
- Spanish taught K-8
- 6-8 grade elective classes such as engineering in the classroom, motion geometry, geography, and many more
- Class size maximum is 32 students
- Accredited by National Federation of Nonpublic Schools.
St. Mark has an excellent staff including:
- 18 full time degreed, certified teachers, including full time P.E. and music teachers, and...
- Full time computer teacher,
- 4 dedicated teacher assistants,
- Full time resource teacher.
St. Mark's extracurricular opportunities
- Boy & Girl Scouts
- Bellarmine Speech League
- Media Club
- Multi-age prayer families
- 6th-8th Grade Advisory
- Media Club
- Math Club
- Safety Patrol
- School Yearbook
- School Newspaper
- Altar Servers
- Service Club
- Sports (baseball, softball, soccer, track & volleyball)
- Spanish Club
- Student Buddy Program
- Student Council