"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and
how I wish it were already kindled."
"Let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
Youth Ministry at St. Mark Parish LEAD Team Coordinator
Hi, I’m Matt Stuckel. I am the Youth Ministry LEAD Team Coordinator for Youth Ministry at St. Mark Parish. I help lead the IGNITE LEAD Team and oversee the SHINE LEAD Team. I have been wanting to give back to my parish since my high school days of giving talks to my peers at Youth Group. I am glad to be working with great friends to give our parish teens and their friends a place to hopefully call “home”—a space to be themselves and open up to God and to feel safe. To teach and share my faith, and to also learn and listen!!
When not working on ministry I do construction work with my dad. I also work for different theatre groups designing scenery and lighting. I love to watch movies and to play board games. I also enjoy doing service for those in need. I have done simple service at soup kitchens all the way to serving on trips to foreign countries. My heart loves to help those in need, and I see the joy in the hearts of those I help. I am excited to see SHINE and IGNITE grow in number, but more importantly in faith. I love seeing those who enter our doors exit nightly enlightened and full of the Holy Spirit. I can’t wait to see how God continues to move in these ministries.
YOUTH MINISTRY at ST. MARK PARISH LEAD TEAM
IGNITE LEAD Team Member & SHINE LEAD Team Coordinator
Hi, I’m Anna Martinez. I am excited to be a part of the LEAD Team for Youth Ministry at St. Mark Parish. I work on the LEAD Team for IGNITE and I am the Lead Member for the SHINE LEAD Team.
I work full time as a teacher aide for infants and toddlers at Clayton Early Childhood Center. I am an active member of St. Mark church and our young adult ministry at St. Mark's. I enjoy sharing and growing in my faith each day. I am looking forward to helping you grow in your faith as you help me grow deeper in my faith. May God bless you always.
SHINE LEAD TEAM MEMBERS
Hi, I’m Emily Kopff. I am 25 years old and I am a LEAD Team Member for SHINE. During the week when I am not helping with SHINE, I work at St. Peter’s School in Kirkwood with the pre-kindergarteners. Some things I enjoy about ministry are getting to know the students we serve, sharing my faith with others as well as learning from the teens. I am also a fan of all the delicious food and fun games and activities. Some other things I enjoy are learning about the faith and miscellaneous other things---I’ve recently begun learning the basics of American Sign Language. I love listening to country music, taking road trips, eating cotton candy and sno cones in the summer time. Drinking coffee is another hobby of mine as well as hanging out with my friends, going on walks, making rosaries, and finding hidden gems while thrifting and going to garage sales. I look forward to spending time with the youth of St. Mark having a lot of fun, growing in fellowship and going deeper into our faith.
The LEAD Team is made up of vested young adults and adults who lead Youth Ministry at St. Mark Parish as a team of volunteer ministers. They strive to shine the light of God and Catholic Faith onto all who enter the IGNITE and SHINE doors. They serve as both chaperones and spiritual mentors.
The following are a list of expectations...
1. I will be respectful to God, myself, others, and the property—of Youth Ministry at St. Mark Parish and anywhere IGNITE/SHINE Youth Ministry may go. Any disrespect will have consequences set by the Youth Ministry Intern.
2. I will be open hearted and accepting of all my LEAD Team members and those teens and guests who walk through the Youth Ministry doors. They all have stories that I will be open to learn about and open to sharing my story with my new faith community.
3. I will not use illegal drugs at all and I will not use in the presence of or give our ministry participants drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes.
4. I will be committed to volunteering on the LEAD Team. So I will attend my responsible programs or if not able let my Lead Team Leader and Youth Ministry Intern know. I will also partake in any other Youth Ministry events/activities that I am able.
5. I understand that as a volunteer for a program in the Archdiocese of St. Louis dealing with minors, that I must complete the Protecting God’s Children Program and related paper work if I am over the age of 18, as well as accepting to a full back ground check.
6. I will keep confidentiality of all Youth Ministry talks, what is shared in a small group, retreat, or personal setting. UNLESS what is said is harmful to one’s self, another, or life threatening—then I will take the proper precautions.
7. As a LEAD Team member I am to live a true Christian Life. I am to live my life to the fullest love of God. I am to commit to a daily time of prayer and to attend Sunday Mass regularly.
8. I understand as a LEAD Team member I will not have any romantic relations with anyone under the age of 18. I will also not have private one on one relations with anyone under the age of 18—via email, phone call, or in person. I will also not have anyone under the age of 18 (besides family) as individual friends on Facebook or any other social media.
9. I will be there to walk with faith with all involved in Youth Ministry at St. Mark Parish. I will do so by sharing my story, leading small groups, and ministering in whatever ways God calls me.
10. I fully understand the expectations and I am prepared to fulfill these expectations in order to contribute my best effort to ministering to the teens and preteens of the parishes involved in our Youth Ministry programs, my LEAD Team members, and myself.
Let us, through God, shine the light of Christ and ignite your fire within, and send you forth in ablaze
--Youth Ministry at St. Mark LEAD Team