The world of a middle school child is unique. They are growing in independence, learning to form opinions, and struggling to find out who they are and who God is calling them to be. It can be a confusing time, yet full of wonder and opportunity.
The St. Mark Middle School program strives to provide structure and guidance while fostering leadership skills, promoting academic autonomy and success, and encouraging students to serve and be knowledgeable about their world.
Opportunity to Learn
Opportunity to Grow
- Departmentalized classes to prepare for high school.
- Focus on study skills
- Six core content classes (English, Math, Literature, Social Studies, Science and Religion)
- Technology rich classrooms that incorporate the use of SMART Boards, programs such as Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Math.
- Teachers strive to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Students take semester exams as preparation for high school exams.
- Benchmark testing ensures that students are meeting grade level goals.
Opportunity to Serve
- Programs to develop leadership skills such as Student Council, Student Ambassadors, student led prayer families, and student facilitated daily prayer.
- Elective program—our elective program let’s students explore different extra-curricular and content-focused classes.
- A wide range of extracurricular activities such as Math Club, Speech, Theater, Honors Choir, Athletics, Service Club, Scouts, etc.
- Monthly service opportunities organized by the school.
- Upper grade/elementary buddy classes in which older students help younger students with various activities.
- School-wide jobs and responsibilities fulfilling their role in the community.
- Helping with church and school events.